Since 1992, Puppy Power has gone beyond basic obedience training to help people fully understand their dogs, build a trusting relationship with them, and maintain consistent rules in order to get reliable, desired behaviours using scientifically-proven positive reinforcement-based methods. In 2015, Sam expanded Puppy Power to offer the Puppy Imprinting Program as well as the Family Dog Training Program to families in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and Elora. AND since we loved the results of the Family Dog Training Program SO much, some of the elements have been integrated into our puppy classes so that EVERY kid gets to play games to strengthen their bond and communication with their puppy! New for 2021 we will be offering Leslie McDevitt’s Control Unleashed Program to help dog owners learn how to take their relationship to the next level with conversational training.
- a first-time dog owner looking to start your new puppy off on the right foot with puppy classes and socialization?
- a parent looking for help integrating a dog into your home and getting the kids on board in your own environment with weekly in-home private training for your family?
- having difficulty with some behavioural problems and seeking some one-on-one training?
- looking for a structured environment to work on fear or aggression rehabilitation?
- a busy pup-parent-to-be seeking a dog trainer to take care of those critical first few months of socialization & training for you with a train & board program?
Puppy Power is committed to demonstrating the benefits of positive reinforcement based dog training to create confident, well-behaved dogs and confident, happy owners. By replacing the old dominance style relationship with that of benevolent leadership (control access to resources the dog values and teach the dog how to obtain it with desired behaviors), you can feel good knowing you can get the results you want without ever scaring or hurting your dog. As a result, the bond formed between dogs and their owners is strengthened and the incidence of fear/aggression is drastically reduced. From puppy classes to behavioural modification and more, Puppy Power can help you and your dog in a way that is easy to understand and best of all - it's fun for everyone!
As of September 1st, 2015, Puppy Power is under new ownership. Having taught over 400 professional dog trainers in nine countries, Samantha DeJong, B.Sc, CTB.ccs, IPDTA-CDT is one of the best.